What you have been googling...
I have Google Analytics set up for my site, and as a result I’ve been able to check out some of the search terms that internet users have used to reach my site. Some of them are really funny, some of them are fairly normal and expected, and others are pretty interesting, so I figured I would devote a post to them so people could actually find what they were looking for.
Some of the funny ones are:
“misty edwards ihop married”
“has misty edwards left ihop?”
“is matt gilman married”
“josh hawkins videos”
“is ihop part of the antichrist”
Some of the interesting and unexpected ones are:
“tim cone ihop”
“lakeland revival drummer”
Some of the more “normal” ones are:
Now for the explanations:
- Misty Edwards has not left IHOP, she is not "burned out" by any means, and she is not on a "sabbatical". By the Lord's direction, she is in a season of intense consecration in order to focus on prayer and the Word in solitude. She has been leading sets for the past 9 years at IHOP and the intense season of consecration and solitude does not necessarily lend itself to leading 12 worship sets per week. I'd imagine she does not have the physical strength to lead that many sets per week either, as the Lord has invited her into extended fasting.
- Misty Edwards is not married, and will say “no” if anyone emails her or goes up to her saying “God told me I am going to marry you”.
- Matt Gilman is not married yet, but is engaged.
- Josh Hawkins is also the name of a skateboarder from Arizona, from what I can tell. I’m not that Josh Hawkins, so you won’t find any videos here of me carving up the bowls making kickflips up onto the ledge.
- No, IHOP is not “part of the antichrist”. We love Jesus a lot. If we were a part of “the antichrist”, we would hate Jesus a lot and deny that He is God - at least that's what the Bible says about the antichrist in 1 John 2:22.
- Tim Cone is my roommate and worship leader at IHOP and an all around awesome guy.
- Justin Rizzo is the worship leader I play keyboard for. I’m also working on his new website which should be launched shortly before his debut album comes out later this year.
- I have no idea who the drummer at the Lakeland meetings is. I haven't been watching them for a while now. Maybe Todd Bentley’s ministry would know?
- Google “intercessory missionary”. Voila. #1 site is mine :)
- I’m probably going to be developing a new website with Jordan Vanderplate exclusively devoted to the topic of prophetic music. Watch for details on my blog!
Hope this clears things up for you googlers :)